In today's economy, saving money is more important than ever. Current pool owners know the expense of keeping a pool running: chemicals, eletricity, heating, water and time spent cleaning your pool can add up to a large expense. The benefits of having your own pool will probably outweigh these costs, but being able to drastically reduce all of these expenses would certainly be nice.
According to the Department of Energy:
- Evaporation is by far the largest source of energy loss for both outdoor AND indoor swimming pools.
- Evaporating water requires tremendous amounts of energy. It only takes 1 Btu (British thermal unit) to raise 1 pound of water 1 degree, but each pound of 80°F water that evaporates takes a whopping1,048 Btu of heat out of the pool.
- Covering a pool when it is not in use is the single most effective means of reducing pool heating costs.
- Savings of 50% - 70% are possible.
Besides offering energy savings, pool covers also do the following:
- Conserve water by reducing the amount of make-up water needed by 30% - 50%
- Reduce the pool's chemical consumption by 35% - 60%
- Reduce cleaning time by keeping dirt and other debris out of the pool
US Department of Energy - Energy Savers - Swimming Pool Covers
No matter how "efficient" your pool pump and heater are, unless the pool itself is covered, your money is literally "evaporating". You would never heat your house with all the windows open, so why would you heat your pool without a cover? A Cover-Pools® Automatic Pool Cover is the simplest way to cover or uncover your pool in less than a minute making it the most effective way to get the savings out of your "energy efficient" equipment.
Automatic Safety Pool Covers save you time, energy, and money!